The nautical-themed conference helped us get our sea legs quickly and to use terms such as turn to, aye, aye, negative, starboard and port. Our team @SourceCast would like to offer our sincere thanks to @HRVirginia1 for an extremely positive experience at our first #VASHRM19 State Conference. We appreciate the attention to detail and dedication from the affiliate and college chapters to make The Mermaid and The Mariner: the magical & the practical of HR successful.
Highlights of conference include:
· Starting the day off with a 30-minute walk
· Keynote sessions with @JonPetz, @HRGirlfriends and @carol_eggert
· Sessions on ADA, labor data and employment law
· Standing-room only sessions on Diversity & Inclusion, people data, and creating positive working relationships
· Case study presentations by @JMU students
· Golf tournament and @SHRMFoundation silent auction
When the Bravo and Zulu nautical signal flags are hoisted by Sailors, the meaning simply says, Well Done!
Looking forward to attending next year’s VASHRM State Conference April 19 to 22 @OmniHomestead in Hot Springs, Va.