Twenty-eight years ago this month President George H.W. Bush signed into law the Americans with Disabilities Act. #ADA prohibits discrimination against #PeopleWithDisabilities in #employment, transportation, public accommodations, commercial facilities, telecommunications, as well as state and local government services.
In a recent report by #USBLS, “Persons with disabilities were 18.7 percent of the workforce in 2017.” Highlights from the report include the following:
· Unemployment rates for persons with a disability were higher than for persons without a disability across all educational attainment groups.
· Workers with a disability were more likely to be employed in government.
· Jobs for workers with a disability were concentrated in service occupations, production, and material moving and less likely to work in professional occupations.
SourceCast, a leader in providing diversity hiring services announces DirectSource, a diversity inclusion portal at the #USBLN Convention and Exhibition in Las Vegas.
DirectSource offers a simple, straight-forward way for #IWDs to obtain employment by
· Employing automatic job matching and top jobs recommendations
· Matching knowledge and abilities through job-related tools such as the Skills Discovery game
· Referring job seekers to the best jobs with the DirectSource hiring accelerator
We’re at Booth #50 to explain how we have delivered 30 million jobs to workforce centers nationwide. Stop by and let us show you how we can partner with #businesses to help #recruit and #hire the largest untapped labor pool in the country. #DisabilityIN
Thanks to #USLBN18 Technology Innovation Lab Project Proposal Team #8 DYS_CIPHER for being ALL IN with @SourceCast in photo attached.